Home » Trump and Biden Come Out On Top in Wayne County on Super Tuesday

Trump and Biden Come Out On Top in Wayne County on Super Tuesday

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email

   Super Tuesday voters cast 840 ballots in the Presidential Preference Primary election last week, in addition to the 620 absentee and early votes that had already been cast. A total of 1,460 votes were cast in the primary. Overall voter turnout was low, with only 16% of the 9,235 registered voters in Wayne County casting their ballots.

   Those voting in the Democratic primary had the most candidates on the ballot to choose from, with fifteen names appearing on the ballot (even though some of the candidates on the ballot have already declared that they are not pursuing the race any further). Joe Biden carried every precinct in the county on the Democratic ballot, garnering a total of 155 votes, or 47% of the total 330 votes cast. Michael Bloomberg came in second with 62 votes (19%); and Bernie Sanders was a close third with 58 votes (18%). The remaining votes were cast in support of Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren, Tom Steyer, Cory Booker, Michael Bennet, and Marianne Williamson, most of whom have already officially dropped out of the race.

   Donald J. Trump was the big winner in Wayne County, with 1,119 (99%) of the Republican primary voters casting their votes in favor of our current president. Joe Walsh, Bill Weld, three write-in votes, and four uncommitted made up the remaining 1% of the Republican ballot.

   A complete breakdown of all votes cast at each precinct in the county may be seen on page six.

  Thursday, April 2nd at 12:00 noon is the official deadline for candidates to submit their qualifying paperwork to be on the ballot in the August 6th election. Following are the seats that will be on the ballot:


•Waynesboro City Commission (2 seats)

County General:

•Property Assessor

•School Board Member District 1, 3, 4, 6, and 7

•Circuit Judge Part 3 (Unexpired Term)

•Public Defender (Unexpired Term)

•Democrat State Executive Committee Woman (Unexpired Term)

State Primary:

•State Senator District 28

•State Representative District 71

•U.S. Congressman 7th District

•U.S. Senator

Related Posts

Located in Waynesboro, Tennessee, The Wayne County News serves residents through breaking news and other local content. Read up on what is happening in Wayne County!
Contact us: [email protected]

© Copyright 2024