Home » Long Standing Waynesboro Business Suffers Devastating Fire

Long Standing Waynesboro Business Suffers Devastating Fire

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email

   A devastating fire broke out on Saturday morning that ultimately caused the total loss of a longtime Waynesboro business.

   At 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, December 26th, the Waynesboro City Fire Department and Station 1 were called out to Harold’s Cleaners, located on Belew Circle in Waynesboro. The building was already engulfed in heavy flames and smoke when firefighters arrived on the scene.

   The origin of the fire is suspected to be near the heating source for the building, although that has not yet been confirmed. The fire is listed as accidental.

   Mrs. Edna Cole and her late husband Harold opened their dry cleaning business in the Waynesboro building in 1965, and have been a staple business in the community since then. Their services will truly be missed in the community.

Related Posts

Located in Waynesboro, Tennessee, The Wayne County News serves residents through breaking news and other local content. Read up on what is happening in Wayne County!
Contact us: [email protected]

© Copyright 2022