Home » Family Loses Everything in Residential Fire

Family Loses Everything in Residential Fire

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email

   The Kaynen Butler family lost their home and most all of their possessions in a devastating residential fire on Monday, June 1st. The incident report filed by Topsy Station 7 incident commander Ron Van Heusen states that the homeowner’s wife, who was home when the fire began, saw a “glow” through the kitchen window and called 911 before getting out of the house. When firefighters arrived, the mobile home was fully engulfed in flames, and the fire was beginning to spread to the home next door, which is the home of Kaynen Butler’s parents, James and Mary Ann Butler.

   The fire that had spread to the James Butler home was quickly contained, but there was significant property damage. The Kaynen Butler home was sadly declared a total loss. An ATV, a motorcycle, and three vehicles also reportedly sustained extensive damage.

   The report states that the cause of the fire was a faulty battery on a motorcycle parked just outside the home. Topsy Station 7 responded first to the fire and was in command of the scene. Also responding were Waynesboro Station 1 and Ovilla Station 9, who responded with water supply. There were fortunately no injuries to any people or pets as a result of the fire.

Related Posts

Located in Waynesboro, Tennessee, The Wayne County News serves residents through breaking news and other local content. Read up on what is happening in Wayne County!
Contact us: [email protected]

© Copyright 2023