Long Standing Waynesboro Business Suffers Devastating Fire

    0
    415

       A devastating fire broke out on Saturday morning that ultimately caused the total loss of a longtime Waynesboro business.

       At 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, December 26th, the Waynesboro City Fire Department and Station 1 were called out to Harold’s Cleaners, located on Belew Circle in Waynesboro. The building was already engulfed in heavy flames and smoke when firefighters arrived on the scene.

       The origin of the fire is suspected to be near the heating source for the building, although that has not yet been confirmed. The fire is listed as accidental.

       Mrs. Edna Cole and her late husband Harold opened their dry cleaning business in the Waynesboro building in 1965, and have been a staple business in the community since then. Their services will truly be missed in the community.